About Me

My photo
Ithaca, NY, United States
woman.mother.partner.searcher.thinker. laugher.friend.a-hole.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Spac n' peas

i've been draggin' arse on the home front all week; and (might i add) drinking my fair share of wine. i haven't felt inspired to do much. including talk to people, wash my hair, tend to daily chores, or even cook. tonight when i looked in the cupboards and tried to think of what to make for dinner i was surprised to find that i didn't want to just give my kids whatever i could find that was semi-healthy. i wanted to cook something, r-style. i haven't done that in a week, which is extremely rare for me. this is what i came up with:

SPAC 'N PEAS (naming my concoctions is one of my favorite parts of creating them)

-simple homemade cheese sauce (roux, skim milk, monterey, sharp cheddar, and parm, garlic, s &p)

-whole wheat spaghetti- very al dente. (my children's fave form of pasta)

-petite green peas

toss and serve.

YUM.

i feel better. i'm even thinking of other ways to make it down the road. Spac n' Greens with some blanched swiss chard will be next...

No comments: