About Me

My photo
Ithaca, NY, United States
woman.mother.partner.searcher.thinker. laugher.friend.a-hole.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh Ann... 9/14/1927- 10/10/2008

my gram died on friday afternoon. she had struggled in so many ways, for so many years and then on friday she took a nap and never woke up. no more struggling. i miss her tremendously after only these few days. a shit storm of family lunacy and drama are swirling around me right now and i miss my grounding force, gram.

my sweet z. gave her the name "oh-ann" when she was 2 years old. she thought it was her name because everyone has a tendency to say, "oh ann..." to my gram after she has dropped a verbal bomb on them. she was salty, sassy, and a powerful source of love in my life. she was a flawed and beautiful woman who never gave herself a break.

gram didn't take shit from anybody, and she taught me to do the same. she loved hard. laughed often (at the expense of others:). and cried much. she was a good and strong woman. she was a wonderful gram.

*see previous posting "have you ever been all of the way back to nowhere?" for more.


No comments: